Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Humble Beginning of Barbarian Riot Squad

Barbarian Riot Squad started simply out of a necessity to create some original punk rock music to score an animated short I'm planning to work on in the future. As I was starting to write the songs, I realized just how much I've missed playing , especially hardcore punk rock! That's my roots and despite the fact that I've gotten older and don't necessarily look that punk very much anymore, I've always considered myself a punk for life! Thus, Barbarian Riot Squad was born.

This is my first foray into being a solo musician. I hope to get a band together so I can play live shows with this stuff. In any case, I'll be releasing Barbarian Riot Squad music and records from time to time. Right now, I'm working on a 5 song EP that I hope to have out before the end of the year.

Below are some sample clips of what I have recorded so far. These clips are works in progress. They have not been mixed or mastered and I still need to record the vocal tracks. I'm posting these now so that you can get an idea of the direction I'm taking with Barbarian Riot Squad.


I might use the design pictured above for a t-shirt or a patch or both.

Using some of the influence I've taken from some of the "Cartoon Modern" art style I've been really into, I made this illustration for Barbarian Riot Squad. I also, made 3 wallpapers using this image for anyone interested.
 Click below to get the wallpaper:

16:10 aspect ratio
16:9 aspect ratio
4:3 aspect ratio

See you in the pit!

No comments:

Post a Comment